When do I need it?

When you plan to acquire ownership of a portion of land by proving you have had continuous and exclusive possession of it for at least 15 years.

How do I get Adverse Possession?

You need to submit an application for adverse possession with the Titles Office. Your lawyer or solicitor must complete the application on your behalf and include supporting documents from a Licensed Land Surveyor.

What surveying is involved?

Our team of experienced Licensed Surveyors can provide the required surveys and supporting documentation you need for an adverse possession claim including:

  • Title Re-Establishment Survey
  • Surveyor’s Report
  • Abstract of Field Records
  • Plan of Survey

Once completed, we then lodge the necessary documentation electronically via the state government’s online SPEAR system (Surveying and Planning through Electronic Applications and Referrals). Your legal representative can access these documents online to include in their preparation and lodgement of your Adverse Possession application.